Scheduled for Surgery
Your physican will have a detailed conversation with you regarding preparation for your surgery. The following list is not a comprehensive guide to preparing for your surgery, but is meant to serve as a reference.
Please bring with you on the day of surgery to Northwest Medical Center or Northwest Tucson Surgery Center the following items:
- Current list of all prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, vitamins and herbal supplements along with quantities and when you take them during the day.
- Current list of any allergies and the type of reactions you have had.
- All your insurance cards and a picture I.D. such as a driver’s license.
- Be prepared that the Hospital or Surgery Center may ask for upfront payment of your deductible, co-insurance and/or copayments.
- If applicable, bring with you a copy of your living will, or be prepared to provide a written statement where a copy can be obtained.
- If applicable, bring with you a copy of your power of attorney if someone else is designated to sign on your behalf.
- Plan to have someone at home for 24 hours following your surgery.
Insurance and Billing Information for Surgery Patients
For Patients Scheduled at Northwest Tucson Surgery Center